Tuesday 11 October 2011

Empowerment

Do-Re-Mi (Let's start at the very beginning) 

So I mentioned a post or two ago that  I am starting to concentrate on my health and fitness. My friend/personal/trainer/awesome kick ass woman Tash (see her inspirational blog here) and I are doing a new Challenge:
The 8 Weeks to EMPOWERMENT (yippee!)



This is Day 2. And I love it. 

Here are some details: 
I think each person that embarks on this would end up taking diferent things from the challenge. Because everyone has diferent things that they want to improve on. But mine are as follows;

1.) Happiness

(Photo found here)

2.) Fitness

(image found here)

3.) Health.

(image found here)
Since starting training with Tash I have realised these things. (Or am in the process of finding it out!)
Yes. I am happy. I have a very happy life-Lovely Chris, Matilda, Friends and a nice home where I can be myself.  BUT. I am really hard on myself. Judgemental. Do better. Worry what people think about me. that sort of thing. It is time to be nice to myself! to look after myself and tell myself I am awesome!
My fitness could definitely be improved. A lot. I want to be able to run! and jump rope without feeling like I may just curl up and pass out.
And I can definitely be healthier. If I am healthier I will find the things listed above a whole lot easier. 
What do you think? Sounds cool huh!


So. I am following Tash's lead and making myself a contract.
You wanna read it? Here it is....

TASK ONE: Write a list of goals that you want to achieve in the 1st week of the Eight Weeks To Empowerment. 1.) Get up in the morning when the alarm goes off. Don't press the snooze button! Get organised the night before you have to go to work so you can have a cup of tea and watch the news before you leave. 2.) 2x Personal Training Sessions a week. 
3.) 1 x Boxing class with Anna a week
4.) 30 minutes of high intensity exercise every day except Sunday. 5.) Keep my work schedule two days in advance so I am not stressed about what I need to do. Communicate better with my clients. 
6.) Spend Sunday doing something nice with Chris. 
7.) Keep my food diary and my mini challenges up to date
TASK TWO: Write a list of goals you want to achieve by the end of the 8 Weeks To Empowerment.

I, Natasha Brown agree to work towards a Happier, Fitter and Healthier Tash  during the next 8 weeks and beyond which in turn will give me a feeling of Empowerment. 
I promise I will do my very best to be honest with myself and stay committed to my goals and persevere even my mind is telling me I can't.
I will keep at this by congratulating myself every time I make good on a promise (Even just when I get up when my alarm goes off) because every achievement, no matter how small, all add up to big changes that I want to make in my life.
If I fall off the wagon, I will not lose courage! I will get right back on track and keep myself steered in the direction I want to go in. 
I will keep my blog updated for the period of this challenge and make myself accountable for my actions by communicating with Tash and Chris about how I am feeling and progressing. I will work through any challenges my mind presents with Tash and Chris and break through the mental barrier. 
I am on the way to becoming the best person I can be and I am committed to fulfilling every promise to the very best of my ability.

Signed, Natasha Brown 11/10/2011

The idea of this contract is from Tash. She got the idea from another one of her friends. I think it is a great idea. See Tasha's blog for the link.

Talk soon. I have a hot date with my boxing bag. X

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are lovely! Thank you for commenting...